San Francisco, many people’s favourite city in the whole of the US, offers backpackers a real treat. The cosmopolitan vibe that lurks in every corner of San Francisco lends a charm that is irresistible. Once there you will be strongly carried away by the amazing climate, truly engrossing sights, panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean, bustling nightlife, rolling hills and ethnic diversity that contributes in giving an elegance to the city hardly perceived anywhere in the world. And for all those shopping enthusiasts out there make sure you keep aside enough in your pockets for San Francisco is a shopper’s paradise. No wonder it welcomes thousands of visitors every year. If you’re lucky enough to be one of them, make sure to check out these 5 awesome sights:
1) The Golden Gate Bridge: Shortlisted for being one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World, and holding the title of ‘most photographed bridge in the world’, the bridge invariably and without doubt stands as one of the top five attractions in San Francisco. So make sure it tops your list of the ‘places to visit’. It could well be the first thing you see of San Fran if you’re arriving from the North. The Bridge is almost 9000 feet long, 800 feet tall and if you untangled all of its cables they would stretch around the world 3 times. Charge your camera before you arrive, you’re gonna take a lot of snaps!
2) Alcatraz Island: Another must see attraction is the Alcatraz Island that is located at the heart of the San Francisco bay. It is home to the most infamous prisons in the country, prisons which had housed a number of notorious criminals including Al Capone and Robert Stroud (the Birdman of Alcatraz). Tours to ‘the Rock’ run through the day, starting at 9AM, they cost around $30 per adult and be sure not to miss the last ferry back, there’s no other way off the island – hence why no one ever escaped the prison, in it’s entire history!
3) Fisherman’s Wharf: Featuring among the top five is another mind boggling tourist attraction known by the name of Fisherman’s Wharf. The city’s most popular destination looks over San Francisco bay and the Golden Gate Bridge and the waterfront, still a working pier, offers tip-top seafood dishes, albeit a little pricey.
4) The Cable Cars: The world-famous cable cars run 7 days a week. The California street line will give you great views of the city and you should be dropped off as Fisherman’s warf so start another awesome leg of your San Fran trip.
5) Chinatown: Last but not the least, march through the dragon-draped archway and visit San Fran’s famous Chinatown. It will acquaint you of the colorful and everlasting culture of the city of San Francisco. Visit the vivacious marketplace, the museums, temples, herbal shops and gorge into some fabulous Chinese cuisine at the local restaurant there.
San Francisco is a city blessed with a number of tourist places of note. Though the above are the ‘must see’ but if you still have time in your hand pay a visit to the Lombard Street, Moscone Center, Ferry Building Marketplace and Marrakech Magic Theatre for a terrific and remarkable magic and comedy show by Peter Morrison.
There’s so much to see and do in San Francisco, if you’re worried about missing out on something while you’re here, participating in escorted holidays will ensure you don’t miss anything. So pack your bag and run. The ever captivating city is waiting for you. Happy Travels!
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email email@example.com to get started.
How about $55 free AirBnB credit?
Oh, one last thing! If you've never used AirBnB before, here's a $50 voucher for you! Enjoy!