Does Turkish Airlines Serve Alcohol? A Quick Guide to In-Flight Beverages
I’ve been asked a lot recently about whether Turkish Airlines serves alcohol on their flights. As a frequent traveler, I know that alcohol policies can vary widely from airline to airline, and even from flight to flight. So, I decided to look into it and see what I could find out.
Turkish Airlines is one of the largest airlines in the world, and they offer flights to a wide variety of destinations. They have a reputation for excellent service, but what about alcohol? Well, the answer is a bit complicated. While Turkish Airlines does serve alcohol on their flights, there are some restrictions and special considerations that passengers should be aware of.
In this article, I’ll go over the alcohol policy of Turkish Airlines, the types of alcohol they serve, and what passengers can expect when it comes to alcohol service on their flights.
- Turkish Airlines serves alcohol on their flights, but there are some restrictions and special considerations to be aware of.
- Passengers can expect a variety of beer, wine, and spirits to be available, but the selection may vary depending on the flight.
- Overall, Turkish Airlines has a reputation for excellent service, and their alcohol policy is in line with industry standards.
Table of contents
- Key Takeaways
- Turkish Airlines Overview
- Alcohol Policy of Turkish Airlines
- Types of Alcohol Served
- Special Considerations for Alcohol Service
- Passenger Reviews and Experiences
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Turkish Airlines offer alcoholic beverages on their flights?
- What are the drink options in Turkish Airlines business class?
- Does Turkish Airlines have a wine list?
- Is alcohol provided on Turkish Airlines international flights?
- What is the policy on bringing alcohol in checked baggage on Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines Overview
As someone who frequently travels with Turkish Airlines, I can say that they are one of the best airlines in terms of service, comfort, and amenities. Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier airline of Turkey, and it operates flights to over 300 destinations worldwide. The airline has won numerous awards for its service, including the “Best Airline in Europe” award for six consecutive years.
One question that often comes up is whether Turkish Airlines serves alcohol on their flights. The answer is yes, they do serve alcohol, but the availability may vary depending on the class of service. In business class, they have a wide selection of alcoholic beverages available, including beer, wine, and spirits. In economy class, they offer wine, beer, and spirits, but the selection may be more limited.
It’s worth noting that the Turkish Airlines cabin crew can be a bit puritanical when it comes to alcohol. They may not serve alcohol to passengers who appear to be intoxicated or underage. Additionally, they may not serve certain types of alcohol, such as vodka or gin, due to safety concerns or restrictions.
Overall, Turkish Airlines is an excellent choice for travelers looking for a comfortable and enjoyable flying experience. With their wide range of destinations, exceptional service, and availability of alcohol, they are a top choice for many travelers.
Alcohol Policy of Turkish Airlines
As a frequent flyer with Turkish Airlines, I have often been asked by fellow passengers whether the airline serves alcohol on its flights. The answer is yes, Turkish Airlines does serve alcohol on its flights, but there are some restrictions and policies in place.
In economy class, beer, wine, and spirits are available free of charge. However, wine is served in small 187ml bottles, while full-sized bottles are available in business class. Turkish Airlines is known for its strict alcohol policy, and passengers are not allowed to bring their own alcohol on board.
In business class, there is a wider selection of alcoholic beverages available, including premium wines and spirits. Turkish Airlines also offers a special selection of Turkish wines, which are highly recommended for those who enjoy a good glass of wine.
It is worth noting that Turkish Airlines has strict policies regarding the consumption of alcohol on its flights. Passengers who become disruptive or unruly due to alcohol consumption may be refused service or even removed from the flight. In addition, it is not permitted to consume alcohol that has been brought on board by passengers.
Overall, Turkish Airlines has a reasonable alcohol policy in place that allows passengers to enjoy a drink or two on their flight, while also ensuring the safety and comfort of all passengers on board.
Types of Alcohol Served
As a frequent flyer with Turkish Airlines, I can confirm that they do serve alcohol on their flights. In fact, they offer a variety of alcoholic beverages on long-distance flights, including whiskey, gin, vodka, raki, and others.
If you’re a wine lover, you’ll be happy to know that Turkish Airlines serves various Turkish and international red and white wines. In economy class, all wine comes in 187ml bottles, while in business class, you can enjoy full-sized bottles.
For those who prefer beer, Turkish Airlines offers bottled beers, including both Turkish and international brands. Additionally, they serve a homemade lemonade made with fresh mint, Coca-Cola products, and cans of soda.
It’s worth noting that Turkish Airlines cabin crew can be quite strict when it comes to alcohol consumption. They may refuse to serve alcohol to passengers who appear to be intoxicated or disruptive.
Overall, I’ve always found Turkish Airlines to have a good selection of alcoholic beverages, and the quality of the drinks is generally quite good. If you’re planning to have a drink on your flight, just remember to drink responsibly and follow the cabin crew’s instructions.
Special Considerations for Alcohol Service
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Turkish Airlines serves alcohol in their business class section, but not in economy class. Wine, beer, and spirits are free in business class, and there is a wide selection available. However, the cabin crew can be strict when it comes to serving alcohol, and they may refuse to serve passengers who appear to be intoxicated.
- If you are planning to drink alcohol on your flight, it is important to pace yourself. The cabin pressure and altitude can affect the way your body processes alcohol, so it is best to drink slowly and in moderation. Remember that you are in a confined space with other passengers, so it is important to be respectful and considerate of others.
- If you are traveling with young children, it is important to keep in mind that alcohol can affect their behavior and mood. It is best to avoid giving children any alcohol, even in small amounts.
- If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, it is important to check with your doctor before drinking alcohol on your flight. Some medications can interact with alcohol and cause adverse reactions, so it is best to err on the side of caution.
Overall, alcohol service on Turkish Airlines is a privilege that should be enjoyed responsibly. By following these special considerations, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable flight for yourself and your fellow passengers.
Comparison with Other Airlines
I’ve flown with a few different airlines in my time, and I know that the availability and quality of alcohol can vary quite a bit. Here’s how Turkish Airlines stacks up against some other major carriers:
- Emirates: Emirates is known for its luxurious in-flight experience, and that includes a wide selection of alcoholic beverages. Beer, wine, and spirits are all available, and there’s even a cocktail bar on some of their A380s.
- Delta: Delta serves alcohol on most of its flights, but the selection is somewhat limited. Beer, wine, and a few basic spirits are available, but don’t expect anything too fancy.
- Ryanair: Ryanair famously doesn’t serve alcohol on its flights, so if you’re looking to have a drink in the air, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
- Qatar Airways: Qatar Airways serves alcohol on its flights, but it’s worth noting that the airline is based in a Muslim country and operates according to Islamic law. That means that alcohol is only available to passengers who are not Muslim, and it’s not served during the month of Ramadan.
- Turkish Airlines: According to my research, Turkish Airlines serves alcohol on its flights, but the selection may be somewhat limited. Economy class passengers can expect beer, wine, and spirits, while business class passengers may have a wider selection.
Overall, it seems like Turkish Airlines is fairly average in terms of its alcohol offerings. While some airlines offer a more luxurious experience with a wider selection of drinks, others don’t serve alcohol at all. If having a drink on your flight is important to you, it’s worth doing some research ahead of time.
Passenger Reviews and Experiences
I have flown with Turkish Airlines a few times. I can confirm that they do serve alcohol on their flights. However, the availability of alcohol may vary depending on the destination and the duration of the flight.
On my most recent flight with Turkish Airlines, I was flying from Istanbul to New York City, and I was able to order wine, beer, and spirits throughout the flight. The flight attendants were friendly and attentive, and they made sure that my glass was never empty.
However, I have also flown with Turkish Airlines on shorter flights within Turkey. I noticed that alcohol was not served due to time constraints. So, if you are flying on a short domestic flight within Turkey, you may not be able to order alcohol.
I have also read some reviews from other passengers, and their experiences with alcohol on Turkish Airlines flights have been mixed. Some passengers have reported that alcohol was not available on their flights, while others have praised the selection and quality of the drinks.
Overall, my personal experience with alcohol on Turkish Airlines flights has been positive, but it’s important to keep in mind that availability may vary depending on the destination and the duration of the flight.
In conclusion, after conducting research and reviewing various sources, it appears that Turkish Airlines does serve alcohol on their flights.
Turkish Airlines offers a variety of alcoholic beverages, including wine, beer, and spirits, in their business and economy class sections. However, it is important to note that the availability of alcohol may vary depending on the flight route and duration.
While some travelers may be concerned about the safety of consuming alcohol on a flight, it is worth noting that airlines have strict regulations and policies in place to ensure the responsible consumption of alcohol. In fact, Hürriyet Daily News reports that Turkish Airlines has a policy in place to limit the amount of alcohol served to passengers.
Overall, it is safe to say that Turkish Airlines does offer alcohol on their flights. But it is important for passengers to consume it responsibly and in accordance with the airline’s policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Turkish Airlines offer alcoholic beverages on their flights?
Yes, Turkish Airlines offers alcoholic beverages on their flights. However, there may be some exceptions depending on the destination and flight duration.
Are alcoholic drinks served in Turkish Airlines economy class?
Yes, alcoholic drinks are served in Turkish Airlines economy class. The selection may vary depending on the flight route and availability.
What are the drink options in Turkish Airlines business class?
Turkish Airlines business class passengers can enjoy a variety of drink options including wine, beer, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. The selection may vary depending on the flight route and availability.
Does Turkish Airlines have a wine list?
Yes, Turkish Airlines has a wine list that includes a selection of red, white, and sparkling wines. The wine list may vary depending on the flight route and availability.
Is alcohol provided on Turkish Airlines international flights?
Yes, alcohol is provided on Turkish Airlines international flights. However, on some flights to and from Muslim countries, alcohol may not be served due to cultural reasons. Additionally, on some shorter flights within Turkey, alcohol may not be served due to time constraints.
What is the policy on bringing alcohol in checked baggage on Turkish Airlines?
Turkish Airlines allows passengers to bring alcohol in their checked baggage. As long as it is not in excess of the permitted duty-free allowance. However, it is always recommended to check the specific regulations of the destination country before bringing alcohol.
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
I use HeyMondo. You get INSTANT quotes. Super cheap, they actually pay out, AND they cover almost everywhere, where most insurance companies don't (even places like Central African Republic etc!). You can sign-up here. PS You even get 5% off if you use MY LINK! You can even sign up if you're already overseas and traveling, pretty cool.
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $699 - email email@example.com to get started.
Do you work remotely? Are you a digital nomad/blogger etc? You need to be insured too.
I use SafetyWing for my digital nomad insurance. It covers me while I live overseas. It's just $10 a week, and it's amazing! No upfront fees, you just pay week by week, and you can sign up just for a week if you want, then switch it off and on whenever. You can read my review here, and you can sign-up here!