- You think 2 meals a day is standard practice
- You start every conversation with “so, where are you from?”
- Doing your laundry counts as your productive activity for the day
- You get anxious if you’re not sharing a room with at least one stranger
- You spend 20 minutes bartering for something you don’t even want, just to save $0.20
- Getting a Subway, McDonalds or Burger King is a big treat
- You have developed an strange accent and way of speaking for when you talk to people with little English
- You can’t remember the last time you did any ironing
- You celebrate when you find an internet café with both Skype and working earphones
- You start every story with “When I was in..”
- Your expectations of cleanliness drop so drastically that you think a room is clean when it only has one of the following: fleas, lice, cockroaches, bugs
- You find yourself wearing more than two bracelets
- You know how to say “hello”, “thank you” and “one beer please” in more than 3 languages
- Changing into a clean pair of underwear is a special treat
- You know exactly which section of your lonely planet contains what information
- You add people to facebook and find you already have one mutual friend from another point in your travels
- You know the different prices and options of international post, FedEx and DHL
- You count a night sitting on a bus for 12 hours as ‘one nights accommodation’
- You regularly freak out and think you’ve lost your passport
- You understand that wild stock and people can, and do, travel in the same mode of transport
I’m sure you guys have a few more to add, i look forward to reading them =)…
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
I use HeyMondo. You get INSTANT quotes. Super cheap, they actually pay out, AND they cover almost everywhere, where most insurance companies don't (even places like Central African Republic etc!). You can sign-up here. PS You even get 5% off if you use MY LINK! You can even sign up if you're already overseas and traveling, pretty cool.
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email email@example.com to get started.
Do you work remotely? Are you a digital nomad/blogger etc? You need to be insured too.
I use SafetyWing for my digital nomad insurance. It covers me while I live overseas. It's just $10 a week, and it's amazing! No upfront fees, you just pay week by week, and you can sign up just for a week if you want, then switch it off and on whenever. You can read my review here, and you can sign-up here!