Imagine this – you have finally gone on annual leave after all of these months of hard work. You have packed your luggage, put it in the car and are ready to go to your vacation home to finally relax. In order for this experience to be utterly impeccable, however, your vacation spot needs to be designed in a way that brings you both joy and comfort.
The truth is that it is really easy to turn it into a pleasant space – for instance, the most straightforward thing you can do is incorporate decorations, which bring you good memories like an antique mirror or a painting which has been in your family for ages. There are plenty of options! Here are some which you probably haven’t thought about, but are guaranteed to spice up any house:
- Statistics show that choosing nude colours is prone to help you relax better and they appear to be quite trendy at the moment. In addition, they create the perfect foundation for your space and allow the other decor elements to stand out. Also, you can always pop up some colour by incorporating an eccentric piece of furniture.
- One of the best investments are the floor-length windows. They are known to let plenty of light penetrate the room and also bring you closer to the nature outside.
- Today’s vogue trends bear resemblance to the past ones. You can take advantage of that by opting for an antique style for your house. If you are a person who values history you can even recreate a different era in every room of your house and feel like a time traveler every time you walk around the house.
- Another great style option is to mix old family heirlooms with modern art pieces. By incorporating antique pieces in your contemporary vacation home decor, you will create a timeless atmosphere in the house.
- Make savvy choices. Especially if you have small children. You are well aware that things can get dirty – ice-cream melts, juices spill and sand can be found even in the places you least expect it to be. Maybe instead of that white fuzzy rug you have your eye on, you can choose a dark one. Also, it would be better if you pick a leather sofa (or one with removable and washable arm sleeves). This is guaranteed to save you plenty of cleaning time and energy.
- Remember the old teddy bear collection you had as a kid you don’t know what to do with, but also don’t have the heart to throw away? Now you have someplace to store it. You can even create a “memory room” where you can keep all sorts of items from your childhood that you can go back to whenever you please.
- Another unique idea is to repurpose old items of yours or buy some materials from flea markets. In the first place, this is a great way to save money. In addition, it’s easy and fun to do some DIY projects by yourself or with the help of your family. This way you will add a personal touch to the decor and it will be a great memory for your kids.
- If you have decided to keep your everyday house on the low-key side, now is your chance to make something different with your holiday home, which you have always wanted to do, but never dared to! It’s your space after all – you want to add a TV in your bathroom or a mini-fridge in the living room? Go ahead and do it – I promise you won’t regret it!
- Add a luxury touch. You will probably spend only a few weeks every year in your vacation home so you better make them unforgettable. Make a pool or a hot tub, create your own bar or wine cellar. Treat yourself – that’s what vacations are for!
- Last but not least, have fun with it! Remember that the goal is for you to be happy with it, so don’t stress out too much over the details.
You want to create a romantic getaway spot for the weekend or a child-friendly holiday house – why not both? With these useful tips as a foundation, the only limit will be your own imagination! Don’t lose time and start planning the best vacation house you can think of!
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email email@example.com to get started.
How about $55 free AirBnB credit?
Oh, one last thing! If you've never used AirBnB before, here's a $50 voucher for you! Enjoy!