Bangkok rocks every night of the week, and if you’re here you have to party! But forget your conceptions of Thailand being all flip-flops, vests and cheap drinks – these clubs can charge $30 cover charge, $10+ drinks and require shirts, shoes and jeans. Bangkok is an international city these days, attracting top stars to their venues so dress to impress, hit the town and don’t forget your credit card!
Best 5 Nightclubs in Bangkok:
1) Route 66: My personal favourite! Located in RCA (an area packed with bars and clubs), this place is banging on Friday and Saturday nights. It’s always featuring some of the best DJ’s in town. A unique feature of this nightclub is that it is divided into several different wings and each of the wings throws different tunes of music or live band performance. I love this place, probably my favourite club in the world (a big shout, I know, but it really is awesome – this should be your first port of call for any club night in BKK)
2) Bed Supperclub: A renowned nightclub in Bangkok, ‘Bed’ is where the rich and beautiful like to hang out. It’s an amalgamation of club, art gallery, theatre and restaurant. Above all, the decor is done in stark white rendering an ultramodern feel to the whole place. If you are lucky you will get to enjoy the tunes of some international DJ’s like Benjamin Diamond and Miguel Migs. Cover charges are heavy and cocktails start around $12+, but it’s always busy and will guarantee some serious eye candy!
EDIT: Now closed 🙁 Try Sing Sing Theatre, much cooler!
3) Glow: Located at Klongtoey district the Glow is another great place for the young and trendy. The ambience of the place has an Asian tone with lots of traditional lighting and lots of glass. The DJ’s are great and the crowds are big, cheaper and more local than the other clubs – this underground house music club is a great place to get loose!
4) Narcissus: ‘Narz’ is found on Sukhumvit 23 and is a ‘proper club’ – 3 stories of banging music. Bottles of whisky are reasonably priced and the music is loud and raucous, frequented by locals and foreigners this is a great place to spend the evening, even if you may not remember most of it!
5) Q Bar: While not a favourite of mine, Q Bar has been ranked as the number one nightclub in Bangkok by tourists and locals alike. The bar has an extensive range of cocktails, has international DJ’s, a comfy lounge area, spacious terrace area to chill, a mixed crowd of Thais and foreigners and above an ambience which will surely tempt you to spend more time here. There has however been a recent influx of working girls so be careful gentlemen or you’ll end up paying for something you didn’t intend to!
EDIT: CLOSED, Try Maggie Choos, it’s better
If you love to party then BKK is the place for you, getting crazy with your mates here promises a great time! But remember, if you’re in your backpacker gear – stick to Khao San, these venues are like clubbing in any other international city, albeit with nicer surroundings!
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on email@example.com. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
How about $55 free AirBnB credit?
Oh, one last thing! If you've never used AirBnB before, here's a $50 voucher for you! Enjoy!