Australia’s top wine regions and all about your visa

More and more travellers are visiting Australia to discover its wines. Located in the Southern Hemisphere, Australia has rich and varied landscapes. From humid tropics to dry plains or rolling hills (and even one of the seven summits, in mount kosciuszko!) in Australia you can find the right soils and climatic conditions to produce some of the best wines in the world. In this article, you will read about some of Australia’s top wine regions and also about how to apply for your Australia visa.

The best wine regions in Australia

Australia produces a vast array of wines. With more than 2500 wineries and 65 official wine regions, Australia is one of the largest wine exports in the world. More than 100 grape varieties are grown ‘down under’, including Shiraz (Australian word for Shyrah), Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling.  Wine is produced throughout Australia, but here you will find a snapshot of the best wine regions in the country:

Barossa Valley 

Very close to the city of Adelaide, the Barossa Valley is a popular tourist destination and one of the world’s great wine regions, famous for its shiraz, grenache and cabernet sauvignon grape varieties, resulting in bold, full-flavoured wines. 

Margaret River

Margaret River is the most famous wine region in Western Australia, renowned for its exceptional, elegant wines. The region is particularly well-known for its cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay wines. Some of the most famous wineries you can visit there are Cullen Wines and Vasse Felix.

Tamar Valley

The Tamar Valley is located in Tasmania. The sparkling and still wines that are produced here, with chardonnay or pinot noir or riesling, are typical of cooler climates, and they reflect the island’s diverse landscape. 

Hunter Valley

This is the oldest wine region in Australia. Although the most iconic grape variety here is sémillon, you can also find chardonnay and verdelho, as well as shiraz, cabernet sauvignon and merlot among the reds. Just three hours from Sydney in car, this area is particularly popular among tourists. 

Yarra Valley

Only an hour’s drive from Melbourne, the Yarra valley has a cool and wet climate that makes it a perfect area for producing pinot noir, chardonnay and cabernet sauvignon. Winemakers in this region are renowned for their innovative production techniques.

Apply for your Australia visa on time

Australia is home to some of the best wines in the world, so be sure to buy a good wine guide to organise your trip better. Also, do not forget that a Australia visa is necessary to visit the country. Fortunately, this is something you can easily do from your own house. Fill in the visa Australia online form online application form for your Australia visa, and in a few clicks you will receive your Australia visa in your email inbox. The e-visitor Australia is an electronic visa that allows you to visit Australia for tourism or business. It is valid for an unlimited number of trips, and you can stay for three months on each visit. This will give you more than enough time to become an expert on Australian wines.

Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!

I use HeyMondo. You get INSTANT quotes. Super cheap, they actually pay out, AND they cover almost everywhere, where most insurance companies don't (even places like Central African Republic etc!). You can sign-up here. PS You even get 5% off if you use MY LINK! You can even sign up if you're already overseas and traveling, pretty cool.

Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!

Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.

Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $699 - email to get started.

Do you work remotely? Are you a digital nomad/blogger etc? You need to be insured too.

I use SafetyWing for my digital nomad insurance. It covers me while I live overseas. It's just $10 a week, and it's amazing! No upfront fees, you just pay week by week, and you can sign up just for a week if you want, then switch it off and on whenever. You can read my review here, and you can sign-up here!


So if you’re ready to…..

1) Change your life
2) Travel the world
3) Get paid to travel
4) Create a positive influence on others
5) Be free of offices and ‘real world’ rubbish

Then Sign Up Below and Let’s Get Started!

Follow me on Instagram @onestep4ward