Electrical Burns: Causes, Types and Treatment
By the term Electrical Burn, we simply means a burn that happens when electricity passes from one’s body and it causes an instant injury. Electrical burn is so common as we see round about 1000 injuries every year just because of electrical burn. You may receive minor or severe injuries if you suffered an electrical burn.
Causes of electrical burn can be so many. It depends on the effects that an electric shock may have on the body. Here we are discussing some of the major causes:
- Mostly children are at high risk of getting an electric shock. The reason is their mischievous acts that sometimes bring hard times.
- Mostly we observe electrical burn injury in the people who are on job. Their job often demands an extensive time to spend with electrical appliances and machinery. Their little mistakes or sometimes just a mishap brings an electrical shock to them. A person suffered an electrical burn should immediately provided the first aid.
- Just like children, adolescents also remain at the peak of risk while they use any electrical appliance. The reason is that they often become careless and do not take specific precautionary measures. In result they have to suffer with fatal injuries.
The types of electrical burns depend on the volume of voltage. The voltage may be of following types:
- Low voltage
- High voltage
- Light strike
Depending on each factor, the stroke differs. We can identify these voltages and their effects as follows:
- Low Voltage:
It ranges below 1000 volts. It may be an AC current. And it causes minimum or low effects. There is always a way of entry and exit for wound.
- High Voltage:
An electrical burn that results because of voltage more than 1000 volts is called a high voltage. It may be an AC or DC current. The burn goes very deep and often causes deaths.
- Light Strike:
It is always a direct current of more then 2 billion volts. The major causes of such current can be tissues damages at various positions.
You must treat an electrical burn if you see some of the following signs:
- If you notice that your electrical burn is not healing properly
- An increase in the redness or wound
- If you are expecting and have an electrical shock then you must see the doctor.
Following are main treatments:
- If you occur any below voltage current then you can help yourself while staying at home. You just need to have a little bit information about the first aid. Sometimes this Burnaby low voltage heals itself.
If you have severe injury then you need medical assistance in the following ways:
- Typical antibiotic ointment and dressing will help you recover in better way of the burn is not severe.
- Doctors often recommend surgery if the burn is severe and caused damage to any body part.
- Doctors also go for surgery in case of any internal injury.
- If you receive any burn injury at your eye then you must visit ophthalmologist who can batter help you after examining the condition of your eye.
- Doctors can suggest surgery, splinting or recasting in case you are suffering from broken bones. A person suffered an electrical burn may often undergo the pain of broken bones.
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email email@example.com to get started.
How about $55 free AirBnB credit?
Oh, one last thing! If you've never used AirBnB before, here's a $50 voucher for you! Enjoy!