I was expecting Beirut to be more bombs than bars but I was very much wrong – this city parties hard. I’m currently in a very hungover state, with a disgusting Beirut shaped hole in my bank account and (hazy) memories of a crazy night on the town!
Just a quick lo-down on how/where to party in Beirut. If you’re on a budget, prepare to blow it because this place ain’t cheap but for one night only, it’s more than worth it. Beers start at $2 from a liquor store so stock up on those before you go out because once you’re bar hopping, you won’t find a drink for less than $6. The venues are some of the plushest places you can ever imagine, better than most of what you’ll find in London, New York, Paris but the prices easily match those places too.
Bars: There are literally hundreds of bars around Beirut but an area where you can bar hop to your hearts’ (although not your wallets’) content is Gemmayze. A street full of funky pubs but drinks start at $6. Happy hours generally run from 5pm-9pm.
Clubs: I-Bar, Buddha Bar and Sky Bar are the 3 most popular places (Sky bar only opens in the summer though). Head DownTown and you can find them easily enough. They can cost anything from free to $40 entry so choose your venue wisely. If you’re lucky enough to find some beautiful ladies to accompany you to the bars, you can get in without paying. If you turn up as a group of guys you’ll be required to bribe the bouncer to let you in ($20 minimum – ouch!). Drinks in the club costs a minimum of $10 each, a bottle of spirits (vodka, whisky whatever) will set you back a cool $120. The clubs don’t really open until 11pm and they go on till around 4am.
Ok guys, that’s your lot – just a quick run down on where to party in Beirut. The city rocks and Lebanon is a great place to backpack in (if a little pricey)
- Make sure you have one girl to go with each guy or you’ll be paying a fortune to get in to clubs ($40+)
- Drink before you go out, the drinks from the off license/liquor store are less than 1/3 price of bars
- Hit happy hour just before you get to the club, nearly ever bar offers ‘buy one, get one free’ until 9pm
- In Beirut, you can pay for drinks with your dollar stash – don’t! Remember, that cash if for visas!!
- No shorts or flipflops here guys. Dress to impress or you’re not getting in
- Not really a tip but i feel as if I have to say it – women in beirut are amazing! I mean jaw droppingly gorgeous. Beautiful. Stunning. *You get the picture.
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email email@example.com to get started.
How about $55 free AirBnB credit?
Oh, one last thing! If you've never used AirBnB before, here's a $50 voucher for you! Enjoy!