Sharing's caring! Share this awesome article with your friends, you know u wanna...
Share on Facebook
0Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Pin on Pinterest
0Share on StumbleUpon

Safety of your drivers abroad in Europe

If you own a fleet of cars and the drivers often need to drive abroad there are a few things you should make them aware of. Driving abroad is very different than driving where you are used to and there are many things you need to take into consideration. When driving abroad you may be asked to show your documents at any time so make sure you have them all arranged and ready to hand over. Here, Go Motor Fleet gives you some tips on driving in Europe…

Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 11.51.32 PM

Documents you will need:

  • Passport(s)
  • Travel Insurance (like EHIC)
  • Valid FULL driving licence
  • International Driving Permit
  • Driving licence paper counterpart
  • Vehicle registration document
  • Motor insurance certificate
  • Some countries require a visa too

You must check with your car insurance company to make sure you have the correct cover that you need when driving abroad.

If you take a car abroad that does not belong to you, i.e. if it’s hired, borrowed or a company car, you will need a letter of authorisation from the registered owner. You will also need to take with you the original Vehicle registration document or a Vehicle on Hire certificate.

The number you need to call in case of an emergency is 112 and this works in all of the European Union. Don’t leave any valuables in your car or where they can be seen. If you need any advice on this, please call the Foreign Office Travel Advice Unit for advice on any crime or personal safety.

When visiting a European Economic Area country or Switzerland, ensure that you have taken your free European Health Insurance Card. The EHIC card means you will receive reduced costs or sometimes free, medical treatment in most of the European countries. You should read the terms and conditions before you leave because sometimes the cover isn’t comprehensive. The cost of bringing a person back to the UK is not covered in the event of death or illness, so in this case, you will need to make sure you have the correct travel insurance as well.

You will need to pre plan your money when travelling to Europe because sometimes UK issued credit cards are not accepted at shops or garages. If you plan on using your card, you will firstly need to check if it will work abroad and then you need to let them know when you are going away so that they can note it in your account. It may be an idea to take some cash with you, just in case of emergency.

You must not use your mobile phone while driving in most places in Europe. You must also remember to turn off your data roaming so that you don’t get charged when using your phone abroad!

Remember to buy a GB sticker before you go because it is easy to make mistakes when driving on the other side of the road. This sticker will warn others that you are from Great Britain. It is also illegal not to have one, and failure to show it could mean an on-the-spot fine.

There are a few other things you MUST remember to take or do before you start your travels:

  • Reflective Jackets
  • Headlamp beam converters
  • Warning triangle
  • Check Tyres
  • Service your car

So if you’re ready to…..

1) Change your life
2) Travel the world
3) Get paid to travel
4) Create a positive influence on others
5) Be free of offices and ‘real world’ rubbish

Then Sign Up Below and Let’s Get Started!

Follow me on Instagram @onestep4ward