Wondering how you can save room in your luggage during your next trip? These clever hacks will simplify your trip.
1. Instead of taking up space in your luggage with a curling iron, spritz your hair with sea salt spray before you go to sleep, tie it up in a towel, sleep on it, and unwrap it in the morning for beach-like waves.
2. If you must bring a heat styling tool along with you, pack a potholder, too. That way, if you need to use the hot iron right before leaving the hotel, you can tuck it into a pot holder and you won’t risk burning your clothing. If you’re staying at various Paris hotels, make sure that the plug on your styling tools will fit the outlets in the room.
3. Pack a few pairs of leggings. You can even wear a pair on the plane. Leggings take up minimal room in your luggage, they’re comfortable and they can be worn a few different ways to make a variety of outfits. If you buy cheap leggings, you can even toss them in the garbage at the end of your trip to make extra room for souvenirs.
4. Bring along a small balm that the TSA won’t confiscate and that can be used to smooth flyaway hair, style your eyebrows, soften your cuticles and moisturize your lips. An all-in-one balm will make getting ready in the morning easy and it won’t take up much room in your bag.
5. Store jewelry in pill containers to keep everything sorted and easy to find. If you’re pairing pieces of jewelry with specific outfits, label each section so you know what to grab when you’re getting dressed.
6. Pack a single-use mask so that you can brighten your skin after a late night out. Some single-use masks can be stretched to two or three uses, too.
7. On the plane, wear your heaviest shoes. They’ll free up space in your luggage and this will also make your bags lighter to tote around.
8. Wear your heaviest, thickest coat on the plane. Just like wearing your biggest shoes, you won’t have to worry about using up space with your coat or sweater.
9. If you’re only going on a short trip, pack your powder foundation in a contact lens case. You won’t need a lot during your time away, so there’s no use in carrying the entire compact.
10. All of the clothing that you pack should stay within a certain color scheme. That way, you can mix and match items without having anything clash. You’ll probably be able to pack less than you otherwise would, too.
11. Keep your hair pins in a Tic Tac container.
12. If you travel a lot, keep a toiletry bag ready to go, stocked with travel-sized necessities. This’ll make the night before your vacation much easier.
The more you travel, the more tricks and hacks you’ll pick up along the way.
This article was contributed by Fiona Moriarty of Hipmunk, a travel website that offers customers a fast and easy way to find the best travel deals.
Remember, never travel without travel insurance! And never overpay for travel insurance!
Also, if you want to start a blog...I CAN HELP YOU!
Also, if you want to start a blog, and start to change your life, I'd love to help you! Email me on email@example.com. In the meantime, check out my super easy blog post on how to start a travel blog in under 30 minutes, here! And if you just want to get cracking, use BlueHost at a discount, through me.
Also, (if you're like me, and awful with tech-stuff) email me and my team can get a blog up and running for you, designed and everything, for $300 - email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
How about $55 free AirBnB credit?
Oh, one last thing! If you've never used AirBnB before, here's a $50 voucher for you! Enjoy!